Alexandros o Megas & Iliad 🎭
🎈picture: a view of Dardanelles from the tomb of Achilles.
- According to his personal historian, Alexander was the biggest fan of Achilles 🌟. He imitated Achilles beyond the limits of simple and stable appreciation. 🤯🎭
- When Aristotle introduced him to Iliad, he read it from cover to cover at one sitting. He used to sleep with the book beneath his head and a dagger in hand. He carried it with himself during his conquest of the known world in a treasure chest he had captured from the Persian King Darius.
- 🤠 When he reached Asia Minor via Hellespont he paid a visit to his hero resting at a place named as Achilleion 🏛 in Troy. He anointed himself with oil, got nude 🤷🏻♀️ and ran naked 🏃🏻♂️ among his men to the tombstone of Achilles and honored him with flowers 💐. Later on he forced his companion ♥ Hephaistion to do the same for the tomb of Patroclus. For the last thing he paid a visit to the tomb of king of Troy, Priam whom Achilles killed. He begged Priam forgiveness for his grandfather’s (!) sin so that he might not curse this new Achilles 😈.
- His favorite line from the Iliad was that “To always excel and be the best”. "αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν καὶ ὑπείροχον ἔμμεναι ἄλλων"🍇.
- Once he released Athenian captives only after they sent him an ambassador named Achilles 🕊.
- He envied Achilles so much for having a narrator like Homer to tell his tale; even so once when a messenger approached to him with a huge delight on face, Alexander replied “What can you tell me that deserve so much excitement, perhaps Homer has come back to life?”👻
- He once dragged a rebel named Batis behind his chariot tied on his feet and dragged around while compared his fate to Hector’s. 🤕
- Robin Lane Fox’s ‘Alexander the Great’ -Arrian’s ‘Anabasis'. - 1st Photo, web eng.travelogues.gr, Achilleion article.
-2nd Photo, Achilleion, Wikimedia.
#anadolu #nature #anime #anthropology #rarebooks #mythology #languages #lingualatina #naturephotography #köy #ziraat #agriculture #engraving #hindu #lotus #psychology #freud #drawing #traditionalfood #mediterranean #carljung #insects
#village #countryside #painting #naturepainting #mediterranean #ancientgreece