A fortnight ago, both my sons had joined the district level Thirumurai recital competition organised by The Malaysian Hindu Sangam & the little kannukutty managed to qualify to the next stage : the state level 🙂 So the day has finally arrived, yet again his amma had her usual nervosity overnight while the 5 year old was so cool about it and didn't even bother to practise his songs throughout this 2 weeks 🙈😂 Well, boys will always be boys, don't they 🤭
Well, in my previous post I did mention that the Thirumurai is a collection of 12 holy scriptures written by 27 devotees of Lord Shivan in Tamil.An interesting feature is that the entire Thirumurai are in lines of four.
Thirumurai consist of :
1.Thevaram - the 1st to 7th book that consists of Appar, Sundarar & Sambandar's songs which are in praise of God, in flawless poetical structure. These songs are like mantras that can shower great blessings to those who read it.
2. Thiruvaasagam - first half of the 8th book, which is nothing but honey dipped words of pure devotion and surrender that would melt any heart.
3. Thirukovai - second half of the 8th book, is a wonderful love poem about God.
4. Thirumandhiram - the 10th book is a marvelous text on the sophisticated concepts of yoga science.
5. Thiruvisaippa, Thiruppallaandu & etc - The 9th and 11th book, written by various shaivites, emit radiance of devotion.
6. Periya Puranam - the 12th book is a masterpiece, that illustrates the lives of great shaivites and the greatness of Lord Shivan.
The first 9 works of Thirumurai are stotram (praises). The 10th Thirumurai namely Thirumandhiram, is shastram (guideline). The 11th Thirumurai, comprising of numerous work of various Lord Shivan devotees, is prabhantam (assorted). The 12th Thirumurai is puranam (history). All these 12 books were compiled by Nambiandar Nambi, during the reign of Raja Raja Cholan I - Thirumurai Kanda Cholan.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Sunday and let these great beacons shower wisdom in our minds !
is a #gogreenwith6yards
drape, a Chettinad Cotton saree from @cooptexindia.
/ 2019 / #100sareepact
💚9th saree for #10sareesinjuly