โชว์ไข่ค่ะ ....ไข่ต้มและซีอิ๋วญี่ปุ่นค่ะ .... #majoy#homeooking#voiledegg#egg#soysauce#yummy#justegg#yummy#
The Hawthorn Berry plant may look unfamiliar, but its taste will surely trigger childhood memories in many.
Besides being the main ingredient in a popular Chinese snack, Hawthorn Berry is great for enhancing digestion and easing stomach discomforts due to intake of oily and rich foods. In other words, Hawthorn Berry is a perfect addition to most pork or greasy food recipes!
For an introduction to cooking with Hawthorn Berry, here is a recipe for the delicious Fennel Seed & Hawthorn Pork Roast by @sheeatsshecooks. Enjoy!
FENNEL SEED & HAWTHORN PORK ROAST
2 Tbs Hawthorn Berry
2 Tbs Fennel Seed
2 tsp Dried Rosemary
1 tsp Dried Thyme leaves
1 tsp Peppercorn
1 tsp Sea Salt
5 Tbs Minced Garlic
2 large Onions (sliced)
1 Fennel Bulb (sliced)
1kg Pork Butt/Shoulder
1. Make a tea out of the hawthorn berries by steeping them in boiling water and set aside the hawthorn tea to cool it down.
2. Marinate the pork shoulder in the hawthorn berry tea overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
4. Toast the fennel seeds, thyme, rosemary & peppercorns on low heat until fragrant.
5. Score the fat layer of the pork roast and massage all the spices and salt into the meat.
6. Spread the sliced onions, hawthorn berries and fennel into the bottom of a large roasting pan, pour enough water into the pan to cover the vegetables. Place the roast on top of the onions and fennel with the fat layer facing upwards.
7. Roast in the preheated oven until the pork is tender (1.5 hours). A meat thermometer should read 85 degrees C in the middle of the roast.
8. Let the roast rest for 10 min before slicing.
For more Hawthorn Berry pairing ideas, check out our Everyday Botanica book available here:
Global site: http://bit.ly/2NdFfTn
Singapore site: http://bit.ly/2Yr9Wpo