Recipe Video - Korean Mapo tofu #마파두부
Tofu - 15.50 oz / firm or medium firm
Pork - Half pound / boneless shoulder ribs
Green onion - ½ cup
Onion - 1 cup
Garlic - 2 tablespoons
Jalapeno - I like super spicy so you can skip this if you want.
Gochujang/Korean chili paste - 2 tablespoons
Doenjang/Korean soybean paste - 2 tablespoons
Gochugalu/Korean chili powder - 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
Sugar - ½ teaspoon
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Water - 1+½ cups
Potato Starch - 1 tablespoon
Black pepper - a little bit
Sesame oil - 2 tablespoons
Sesame seeds - a little bit
1. Chop the tofu, vegetables, and pork.
2. Combine gochujang, doenjang, gochugalu, soy sauce, and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Heat up a pan over medium high heat.
Add olive oil and green onion first. When green onion makes the olive oil color green, add pork and stir fry.
4. Add vegetables, seasoning paste.
5. Add water when everything is cooked well.
6. Bring to a boil and add tofu.
7. Add Black pepper, and then add a mixture of potato starch with water 1:1. Turn off the heat immediately.
8. Add sesame oil and seeds.
9. Serve it with rice. Enjoy!
I practice a healthy lifestyle!
Eat well, workout regularly and do mindfulness.
Follow me for inspiration and motivation!